The Poor Points out my Vocation...

Let's reflect using the "mind" of St. Joseph Benedict Cottolengo. May be that will be a little bit tricky but it feels as if the only sensible thing to do is to try even tricky things. When a person in need shows up in front of me, or I happen to bump on one, a feeling grips me that shows that I need to do something. And that does not come as a light feeling. Is is a feeling by the way? I think the very presence of a needy person provokes me to act. It stirs the Love of Christ in me, which in turn pushes me to act. The Love of Christ possesses us! St Paul wrote in the Second Letter to Corinthians, chapter fifteen verse fourteen. Possessed, urged, impelled by this love, love becomes a style of life. We live to love and love to live. Think about it. How does it feel to help someone who really needs your help? Relieving, humbling, joyous, useful.... It feels all that and more. Because Christ's love is the purpose of our life and the strength of our actions, all our actions are meaning the sense that they are a manifestation of God's Love. St. Joseph Benedict Cottolengo says "The poor are Jesus, to serve them we need to be on our knees!" Just reflecting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TYCS - Muungano wa Mt. Cottolengo (MOCK)

Mwana Mpotevu au Waana Wapotevu?